Friday, November 6, 2009

Edmonton

We took a trip to Edmonton on Wednesday. Kris was up there for work, and had a free upgrade to his room, so we stayed in a suite at the Hotel McDonald. I've never stayed in a Fairmont hotel before. It was very elegant. I find the old sandstone and marble buildings very nice to look at, but the traditional styling is not really my cup of tea... If I can say that. Still, it was cool to valet park, which I've never done before, and to be called Mrs. Matheson, and not by a 13 year old!

Owen and I went to West Edmonton Mall on the Thursday. We spent nearly all day there, going from shop to shop. I really did try to spend some money, but most of the stores are the same as the ones in Calgary, so there were really only a few places I really wanted to go to. I spend a lot of time in Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister, but none of their clothes fit me... I think you've got to be a stick person to fit into the clothes there. I did find some jeans at a place called Aeropostale. I'm sorrily in need of casual clothes to wear while I'm off work. I also spent some time in the Rocky Mountain Soap Company, since the one in town is still closed during the Eaton's Centre renovation. It was a long day, but worth it.

Kris had a hockey game Thursday night, so Owen and I were on our own for dinner. We ate at the hotel. I had a delicious fish chowder and rack of lamb. It's been a while since I've been to a fine dining establishment. I ordered a glass of wine and my server poured a sample, which kinda threw me off, but I quickly recovered and gave it a swish, a sniff, and a sip. I'd also forgotten that fine dining is not fast food, so by the time dinner arrived at my table, Owen was ready for his dinner. Luckily, his version of a 'melt-down' is other babies version of mild fussing. I was able to enjoy my dinner and then beat it back to the room to nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment