Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hey you guys & getting grabby

I think that a switch has been turned on in Owen's brain over the last couple of days... literally.
For one, he's getting WAY better at grabbing at things. Before, he would grab them, but could only hold on for a little while. Now, he holds things for a long time and seems to have way better control of where he's moving his hands too. The destination is still his mouth.
He's also been drooling a lot for a while now, so Kris and I bought him a Sophie. For those who don't know, Sophie is a natural rubber latex squeeky giraffe that is colored with food dyes. It's all the rage as the best teething toy out there. I havent seen any evidence of teeth yet, but it's bound to happen soon. Anyway, Owen LOVES Sophie, partly, I think, because he can really hold onto her and her hooves fit nicely into his mouth.

The other thing that's different about Owen lately is that he really seems to be figuring out who Mommy and Daddy are. He used to smile, sure, but it didn't really seem to matter who was smiling. Now, it feels like he really knows who I am when he smiles and coos at me, or at the very least, that I'm important. In a way he's been more sucky, which isn't great, but I get pretty warm and fuzzy when he gives me that special smile that says "Hey Mom. I LOVE YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment