Thursday, December 17, 2009

Catching up

There have been so many things I wanted to post over the last few days, but no time to post them. But tonight, I have finally found some time.

Last Sunday we were invited to our friend's, Megan & Darren, for their daughter's birthday party. Peyton is now 2 years old. We've never really been to a kids party... well, at least, not since we've been kids. I had forgotten how different they are from adult parties. For one, the grab bag was something I didn't expect. We got this little frog bath toy that lights up when it hits the water. Super cute. The party was lots of fun, not that you can tell from the look on Owen's face.



We also went to "Santa at the Drum" after the birthday party. Our friends own a bar and have a little girl, Sidney, so they host a kids Christmas party for all their friends who have kids. And there's Santa! Owen met the big guy and there were no tears. I'm pretty sure he just things that he's being held by a big red blanket. No problem there...


On Tuesday, my Mom came over so I could make some cookies for a cookie exchange I did with some of the ladies at work. I made 8 dozen cookies! They were delicious.



Last night we bathed Owen. Afterward, I like to put some baby butter on him. He's just a little baby, but already his skin is dry! So I laid him on a blanket on the floor and rubbed him down. Kris took some pretty cute photos of him on his tummy, so I just had to share.





The other day Owen was sitting on the couch playing with his fish. He obviously likes it because I tried to start something else with him and when I took it away, he immediately started crying. When I gave it back, the crying stopped. I'm amazed at how good he's getting at grabbing things.





No comments:

Post a Comment