Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sans soother, day two

I guess it was silly of me to think that this would be easy. I mean, he frikkin' loves that thing! So today when he went down for his nap and cried for 45 minutes straight, I gave in. He was out in less than 30 seconds.

Well I probably didn't do him any favors in the end because when we put him down for the night things didn't go so well then either. He cried pretty solid for 10 minutes, which turned into 20, and then 30, 40, 50, and 60. I felt awful and went in after about 45 minutes, which only made it worse.

He'd start to sound like he was settling down, and id start to feel relieved for him, and then it seemed to start all over again. After an hour, Kris made me go out on the patio so I didn't have to listen to him cry any more. It was breaking my heart. He stopped crying shortly after.

I have to keep telling myself that this is the best thing for him. It's devastating in the moment but after its over he won't even remember what a soother is.

No comments:

Post a Comment