Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Choices

I've been meaning to write this one for a while now, but haven't found the time until now. The other day I took Owen over to the felt box where I keep all his toys when he's not playing with them. Rather than pick a toy out for him and play, I decided to see if he would pick one himself. So I floated him down over top of the box and asked him to pick out a toy. What I witnessed was pretty cool. He reached out his hand toward the Skwish, paused, thought for a moment, and then decided to pick up the Whoozit instead. It was amazing! For the first time, at least that I've witnessed, a whole, real live person's thought went through his head! To think that 6+ months ago, he couldn't really do anything, and now, he has thoughts and opinions and feelings about all sorts of things. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment