Monday, February 1, 2010

Skiing in Lake Louise

We went skiing this past Saturday and put Owen in his first full day of daycare. The daycare at Louise was fully licenced and very well run. Kris and I were totally impressed. They give you a pager, have you fill out a ton of information for them, like when his naps will be, whether he's been babysat before, if he takes a soother, how he will be fed (for older kids they even provide snacks and lunch). They have cribs for naps in a seperate room and everything. It was awesome. For first time parents, Kris and I are pretty laid back about these sorts of things and didn't worry at all if he'd be okay.

I was pretty shaky on skis, especially since I didn't get any skiing in last year, being pregnant and all. But it came back to me pretty easily. By the end of the day I was doing black runs and a few moguls. I was pretty tired at the end though. The apre-ski beer is as good as I remember.

I came by half way through the day to feed him and he seemed really happy to see me. When I picked him up at the end, they told me that Owen didn't nap hardly at all - 2 naps, and a total of 45 minutes all day! The girl who took care of him said "He's a really good baby". I've gotta say, I don't ever get tired of hearing that from people. We are so lucky. He IS a really good baby... I wonder if we'll pay for it when he's a teenager. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment