Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Movin' on up

Owen was sitting, doing his own thing, with a toy just out of reach... not new material I know, but there was a new turn of events. Instead of either crying for mom to bring the toy closer, or finding something else to amuse himself, he became fixated on getting the toy himself. So he rocked forward onto his legs. It looked so awkward. I thought his legs were going to bend in a really wrong way, but finally he did it. He tipped forward and did a really hard faceplant into the carpet. I tried not to make that "are you okay" face, and it worked. He got the toy... success!

Also, yesterday, Grandma Chris came over and they were playing on the floor. Grandma was on her side, and Owen, again sitting, would pull at her shirt, as if he was trying to lift himself up.

Today, he is totally trying to lift himself up. At one point, I held out my hands, he grabbed on and pulled himself up to stand. Kris said he thinks maybe Owen will skip crawling and go straight to walking. After today, I tend to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment