Monday, October 11, 2010

It's been a while

No, this is not a Nickleback song, but it has been a long time since I posted. I thought that our exile in Bridgeland would afford lots of opportunities to post, but it turns out that life got in the way. I will therefore attempt to recap.

Owen's birthday kept going and going. He had cake two separate times and loved each and every bite. I thought there'd be more mess. However, I guess when he's really motivated, most of the food makes it in the mouth.

He got lots of presents from lots of great friends and family. He's already enjoying many of them and will continue to enjoy many for years to come.



Trying to balance work and family has been difficult. I have brought way more work home, and actually done some of it. I am glad to be back at work though. Not to say that I didn't enjoy my year off with Owen, but I do love my work. I remember a colleague telling me that having kids would change the kind of teacher I was. They were right. I feel like I can empathize with my students more. Not that I didn't care before. It just feels different.

We finally made it to the end of our renting lives and after it all it wasn't too bad. What a dump that place was though. It was cleaner when we left it than it was when we arrived.

It was a bit shocking to see how much stuff we have. We are no where near unpacked. It's hard with Owen. We've bought lots of baby gates. He is a maniac. Despite having a million toys, all he wants to play with are the stairs, the cupboards, and whatever else will be dangerous. Maya's food is now officially on the counter. I will say that he is pretty good at getting up stairs. Also, he's not too bad a getting down, but he needs to be reminded to turn around. Otherwise he tries to do the skeleton down the stairs.

Nevertheless, we are home and loving it. Now time to start renovations.




No comments:

Post a Comment